Friday, March 12, 2010

Seared tuna, for a photo

I bought some tuna steaks from a local seafood place, Season's Best Seafood, in Martinsburg, WV. They have a pretty good selection of Seafood and they're always friendly and offer good service.

And by the way, I did this entirely for the photo...


So there wasn't much to cooking this one and infact, my friend Brad cooked the tuna steaks. They were thawed earlier in the day and took no time at all. The one I used for the picture was cooked for maybe a minute on each side. All four steaks were lightly seasoned with kosher salt and pepper and seared in a pan with a little bit of oil.

The rest of the photo consist of the light pink Super Special Sauce in the back ground, wasabi, and soy sauce in the fore. The Super Special Sauce is mayo mixed with Sriracha brand chili garlic sauce. Now that you know my secret, I may have to kill you.

I sliced the tuna into thin strips taking what I needed for the photo. I laid one strip down then another with the end on top of the first and at a slight angle. From there, I folded the end of the first onto the end of the second and repeated the process to get a half flower looking design. A toothpick held it together and Photo Shop removed the toothpick.

All in all, I think it turned out fairly well. The little pile of wasabi looks like a turd from some one who's drank too much green beer on St. Patrick's day though.

No comments:

Post a Comment